How to Ensure Baby Safety Through Prevention of Home Accidents
As a parent, you obviously want to keep safe your baby from being injured through prevention of home accidents. Like you, we also wish to every child to keep safe and live long.
Child or baby Injury is a leading cause of disability of them or even death. Always young child faces more accident compare to older. If the parent and caregivers will alert, it is quite easy to ensure baby safety through prevention of home accidents.
Common childhood accidents and prevention of home accidents:
- Falling injury
- Toxic or Chemical substance induced Injury
- Heat or Flame
Among common causes of accidents in the home, Falling is more common as well as a leading cause. It is true that approximately 8,000 children are treated every day on an emergency basis in the USA regarding fall-related injuries. And approximately 2.8 million accidents occurred yearly. Fortunately, many falling injuries will be avoidable and parents and caregivers can play the vital role here.
How to prevent baby from Falling injury
- Ensure the safe Playground because this is the most common cause of falling injury. Try to make a playground like safe, soft, and consist of appropriate materials. If your baby is 0 to 3 years of age then you will make a barrier around the playground with a child gate. You can also choose among the top 10 best baby gate.
- Make your home safer by using safety device like guards on the window. Besides that, you can use stair gates, and guard rails etc.
- Ensure safety during sports like using in-line skating, knee and elbow pads, wrist guards and a helmet.
- At last, Supervision is the key of safety at all time.
Toxic or Chemical substance induced Injury
Among common causes of accidents in the home, The Toxic or Chemical substance is another leading cause. It is true that approximately 300 children are treated every day as an emergency basis and 2 children die regarding poisoning. Beside Toxic or Chemical substance, household cleaners and medicine are common. Fortunately, Toxic or Chemical substance induced accident will be avoidable and parents and caregivers can also play the vital role here.
How to prevent baby from Toxic or Chemical substance induced Injury
- Keep the Toxic or Chemical substance locked and placed where baby cannot reach
- Collect the phone or mobile number of nationwide poison control center. Because if your baby already has been poisoned then immediately contact with them. They are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Read the label and all warning carefully before giving medicine to your child.
- Always try to safely dispose of unneeded, unused, expired prescription drugs, OTC drug.
Heat or Flame injury:
Among common causes of accidents in the home, Heat or Flame is another leading cause. You will sorrow to know that approximately 300 children are treated every day on an emergency basis in the USA and 2 children die regarding burn-related injuries. It is common that younger children are injuries caused by hot liquids or steam where older children with direct contact with fire. Fortunately, Heat or Flame injury will be preventable and parents and caregivers can also play the important role here.
How to prevent baby from Heat or Flame Injury
- You can install and maintain a smoke alarm in the rooms where family members sleep in. After a time interval, check the alarm as it works properly or not.
- Always try to cook with care. Don’t leave food on the stove when you are away. Keeping away of the child from using microwaves, oven, and stoves.
- Set water heaters to 120 degrees Fahrenheit or lower and Check heater temperature regularly.
We just discuss here only top three reasons for common childhood accidents. Beside that many more reason are left. But with the help of alertness, you are able to overcome most of them.
Categorised in: How to Articles